THE ALARM SOUNDER: A GUIDE TO THE CHOICE OF THIS ESSENTIAL ACCESSORY
A guide to the choice of this essential accessory.
Often considered a mere accessory, the sounder is a really important element in intrusion, evacuation or fire alarm systems. First of all, the alarm sounder is the device that immediately notifies a state of danger, represented for example by an intrusion attempt, as well as by an emergency situation that requires an immediate evacuation of the environment. In the case of anti-intrusion alarm, the sounder is the part of the system that displays the presence of a protection equipment. Recent studies show that the installation of this kind of device in a visible position represents one of the main deterrent to intrusion attempts.
Given the importance of this accessory, keeping up with the new market proposals and relying on certified manufacturers are essential points to make the right choice.
What are the key features that an alarm sounder should have to be an effective defense tool?
- Presence of anti-opening and anti-removal tamper to prevent any tampering attempts.
- Anti-shock and anti-break systems able to bear high power shocks.
- Anti-foam system against any attempts to silence the sounder using foam. More effective if equipped with double technology to avoid false alarms.
- Anti-drilling system to avoid any attempts of drilling the electronic board.
- High-power speaker for high quality audio performances.
- Programmable alarm sound and alarm timing, which allows to easily identify the origin of the alarm, always respecting the neighborhood.
- LED flashing unit for alarm system arming/disarming signalisation, to maximise the deterrent function.
- Electronic module auto-test to check battery capacity and its internal resistance to ensure a proper operation of the device.
- Anomaly signaling LED on the electronic circuit for an immediate and accurate detection of the type of failure.
- Circuit protected by resin immersion for an ideal performance even in the hardest climatic conditions.
The sounder: KEY ELEMENT OF THE ALARM SYSTEM